Thursday, October 22, 2009

God

i want to write truth
honesty
candid
but i still guard my words
something says we must
but is this God speaking?
someone asked me,
"why are many of your thoughts so filled with struggle?"
i did not respond
i told her i would think about it
my answer is simple
it's how my pallet has been painted
my disappointments are dear to me
they keep my heart broken
and sometimes after bitterness
i move once again into contriteness
and what if this is all God wants?
nothing is fair
the cross wasn't fair
and joy comes like a flash of lightning
remember it
David always remembered how God so often delivered him
in the midst of his tumultuous life of sin, running,
friendship, brokenness, rage, lust, murder,
this man after God's own heart,
always remembered
i read a poem by a child this morning
it was full of trust in God
joy in God
amidst poverty of things
she is wealthier than all of us.
 
wkm

 

No comments: