Thursday, March 3, 2011

Paint


the Paint walked over to me
he was curious as to what i might be up to
when I saw him coming I turned away 
he put his soft black nose on my back and nudged me
i slowly turned and rubbed his right cheek
he began to chew
chewing is a sign of relaxation
i love the smell of horse
the scent of earth, grass, and just horse..
it relaxes me like nothing else in this world
i hope the owner of this property doesn't see me
i know I would be a little weary of someone in my pasture.
but it's early,
around 6:00 a.m.
the horse looks to be about 7 years old..
a young horse
a beautiful horse
after rubbing his ears and forehead I turn to leave
he follows me to the fence
as i climb though the barbed wire he pushes me again..
not wanting me to go..

wkm
nashville

No comments: