Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cowboy Jack Clement


Yesterday I decided to do something..
One of my musical heroes is Cowboy Jack Clement..
He is a legend among legends as a producer and artist..
Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Charley Pride, Waylon Jennings,
Don Williams, Roy Orbison, Nora Jones, John Prine, U2..
to name a few of the people he has worked with..
This is what I did..
I remembered seeing Cowboy Jack a few weeks ago..
He was across the street from the Church I attend when in Nashville.
He was standing on a porch of a building...
After work yesterday I drove to that building and walked in..
a nice fella was talking on a cell phone and he hung up
I asked if Cowboy was here..
He said he was and took me into the studio where Cowboy was sitting,
I walked over and introduced myself..
I told him it would be a great honor for me if he would listen my new album,,
and I asked him if he liked could he play it on his Outlaw Country show on Sirius/Xm..
He looked at the CD packaging and asked me about the horse on the back cover.
I told him it was Cisco, a horse I had broke and trained..
He was very friendly and easy to talk to..
He said he would listen and look forward to it.
Pretty dang cool.

wkm
Nashville

www.wkeithmoore.com/sas

No comments: