Saturday, August 6, 2011

I don't know..

 
The more I come across folks who are confident about everything..
The more I scratch my head..
Whether it is people who say they know God, or people who don't believe in God,
if you close your eyes and listen to these folks make their points ,
The pathos is congruent.
Muslim, Non-Denominational, Catholic, Mormon, Bible Churcher, Buddhist..
there seems to be one constant..
a dogged self confidence in the idea grasped..
The thing I like about Roman Catholicism over the others?
It allows room for mystery...
Atheist don't ( When ya dead ya dead)
Baptist don't...(Once saved always saved)
Presbyterians don't..(Elect)
Muslim's don't..(Death to Infidels!)
I don't know..I'm just saying..
I ain't talking about Catholics being perfect or dependable..
Lord knows I ain't dependable or anywhere near perfect...heck no!
But there is a peace that passes understanding,
at least my understanding in this ancient Tradition..
and all that peace flows from one place..
the Eucharist...
 
wkm
Oxford
for Renee' and Wes

No comments: