Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Excited Soul

I wonder if my soul gets excited when I walk every morning
Maybe like my dogs get excited, barking and jumping up

And I will tell you why I wonder this...
There is a different light in the mornings and a slow change moves in

As the sun burns away the mist over the fields and creeks,
A different light burns away my bitterness, fear, anxiety

At least, this is where my wondering takes me,
to the Other light..

And somehow after 45 minutes of walking my soul feels lighter
then I feel the worry dissipate and fall to the winter ground behind me

My soul and me are the same, not separate or distinct
Body and soul walking through the woods in one labored breath

Now sitting by the Jeep drinking water and petting Jack and Pig
You know what, it's all a big freakin mystery, y'all go ahead with what you were doing.

wkm
Oxford

No comments: