Friday, February 24, 2012

Say SOMETHING

When I write this stuff..

these prayers for humans....

for that is what we are,

but of course you know this.

 

I never say "I am right.."

I am not confidently proud..

I am a hoper..

I am a slave of justice and mercy..

 

I wear so many masks I fool myself

Once when driving across this country,

our Basset hound howled in the darkness.

She knew where we were going would lead to disappointment

 

God is not yet God is

The law of the human heart bleeds like a waterfall in the spirit

Sometimes the woman at the well comes to me in my sleep

I never know what to say

 

Our cat Maggie just crawled through the pet door..

She growled a wild growl to let me know

Isn't that a miracle,

how everything needs to say something?

 

wkm

Oxford MS

No comments: