Wednesday, July 15, 2015

If We Are

For something or someone,
Speak of love.

Rain pummels the fresh cut grass.
Thunder rumbles like a sleeping lion.

Hindu's believe in everything.
The oldest religion.

Atheist believe in nothing.
The oldest religion. 

Sounds of rain change from soft to hard.
My blue reading candle is the only light. 

The scent of lilacs fills the room.
I hear her making a cup of coffee in the kitchen. 

She walks into my study,
Just waking up, sitting by the window. 

I know not to speak yet. 
Wait until the second cup, maybe. 

I have nothing to say anyway.
I just want her here. 

She stares out at the rain,
She's so lovely it breaks my heart. 

If God is.
If we are. 

Thunder again. 
A waterfall pounds the deck. 

Need a new gutter. 
Need a new deck. 

wkm
7/15/15









No comments: