Tuesday, January 13, 2009

He knows what it takes...

Anxiety is the soul's greatest enemy, sin only excepted. When the heart is anxious and disquieted within itself, it looses the power to preserve those virtues which are already acquired, and also the means of resisting the temptations of Satan, who does not fail to test the strength of that rope.
-- St. Francis DeSales
 
We worry don't we? I do. We try to have faith. We hear about it on TV. We see how certain popular, wealthy, always healthy, well manicured preachers talk about how "their faith" got them what they have. They act as if they understand God. They seem to have Him figured out. This is such bull. What they have is a great publicist, charismatic personalities, and a message that tickles the ears of millions. They don't preach the cross. They preach a sugar daddy god that needs your money in order to make you like them. I don't know this god. The God I know is humble, perfect, demanding, and forgiving. He has scars. He is not some kind of glorified pimp. He gives me crosses, not what I want. In these crosses I eventually find my hope, and hopefully, my consecration. He wants me to be a Saint, not successful. He wants me to have peace, His peace, not the world's peace. He wants me to spend forever with Him, and He knows just what it takes to bring me to His side forever. I don't. Glory to His name..Lord have mercy on my sinful soul.
 
wkm
 
St. Francis De Sales

No comments: