Sunday, November 7, 2010

God?

the lit candle flickers behind me
as i leave the sanctuary
my prayers continue
sweet smoke floating up to the nostrils of God..
for my son my wife, for guidance,
for a heart of flesh instead of stone,
for passion to press in,
for a clear mind given to clear things,
trust is hard sometimes,
faith is foreign sometimes,
what we see seems so real,
when we know otherwise,
"know"??
should say,
 when we hope otherwise,
"know" is such a shallow word..
too many think they "know" these days,
it smells gnostic..
do we live in a world of gnosticism pretending to be Christianity?..
every one has personal "knowledge",
their own personal revelation..
"God told me....."
if all of these voices people hear are God's voice,
then God is a shallow, money hungry,
power craving, right wing, immigrant hating,
confused, glitzy, chaotic...
nut.

wkm
Oxford

No comments: