Monday, December 26, 2011

Swaddling CLothes?

 
Sick for Christmas makes one grateful for socks instead
I wonder if Jesus, Mary, or Jospeh caught cold while they were away in a manger
 
We watched a film last night and one character was such a pain in the ass
At one point I blurted out, "What a know-it -all jerk!", upon which my lovely wife said, "You can be that way sometimes."
 
OWWW! Sting! Pain in my ego! Yet after I weakly disputed her through pitiful coughs and hurt feelings,
I knew she must be right..and I started feeling worse remembering what Shakesphere said, "What thou hatest most, thou copiest best"
 
(I am not sure if Shakesphere said this, it was probably Frued or Kant...
but it sounds better with Shakepshere's toungue, wit and tamber)
 
I often wonder about days after big events, like Christmas, Easter, Hannakuh, the Super Bowl, The World Cup.
you know, the day after..What did Joseph do after that night of Angels, Shepherds, Wise Men..etc.?
 
Did he go out and find a warm place indoors to stay for a while?
Did Mary suggest they stay with some cousins while the census was being taken?
 
They wrapped Jesus in swaddling clothes, a kind of mummy suit to keep him secure and warm..
God wrapped in swaddling clothes, God.. it's crazy if you believe it isn't it? It's mind blowing to think about the implications.
 
Maybe it was a pre-cursor for when he would be wrapped in burial clothes 33 years from that moment..
And the whole manger thing, a feeding trough, laid in a feeding trough, he who said, I am the Bread of Life..our food.
 
wkm
Oxford Ms
Where's Rilke?
 
 

No comments: