Wednesday, October 1, 2008

God's most precious flower..

Unless you become like little children you will not enter the Kingdom of God.---Jesus
 
Today is the feast day of St. Therese of Lisieux. She lived in the late 19th century. She was nobody. She did nothing grand. She died before her 25th birthday. Listen to what she said, "O Jesus, my love, at last I have found my calling: my call is love." She sought ways to serve God but realized she could do nothing great. She understood that not everyone in the body of Christ could be the heart, but some had to be an ear or an eye. Something little. She dedicated her life to being one of the little flowers in God's garden, and her life inspires millions around the world today to love Jesus. Her simple childlike faith inspires my sometimes complicated self important "faith" to see the beauty of humility. I hope that I might, by God's grace, become more and more the child I should be. A child simply trusts the Father, no matter where in the garden he or she is planted. One man's weed is God's most precious flower.
 
wkm 

No comments: