Friday, October 17, 2008

Offer it up.

Come all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.---Jesus
 
There is one thing we must remember throughout the days we are given, Jesus gave everything for our souls. Nothing the devil can whisper in our ears can harm us if we meditate on the Passion of our Lord. Go to the chapel or the sanctuary often and gaze upon the crucifix! When the worries of this world overtake us, and sometimes they will, we must fix our eyes upon His wounds. His pain was real. His hurts were real. His suffering was beyond imagining. When we suffer, we must offer it up to Him and ask that our suffering could somehow be used for the good of those around us, as  St. Paul taught the Colossians, chapter 1, verse 24, " Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I do my share on behalf of His body, which is the church, in filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions." Jesus allows us, as family, to know Him in all things, and to share in all He is. Never tire of gazing upon our Lord. There is great comfort in this. St. Paul said, "I glory in the cross of Christ."
 
wkm 
 

No comments: