Friday, November 20, 2009

Fwd: "my" dream (so funny it hurts)



I had a dream
believed it was right
i claimed the promise
every day and night

"Lord willing" was my cry
I felt "called" you have to know
I wrote the truth in every line
i was ready to go

But the Lord wasn't willing
He said no to my dream
It took me years to understand
that He still loves me

so sincere but so deceived
so confident but so naive
thought I was a prophet
but this was not meant to be

thought i was important
thought i was a sage
thought i was a poet
with something to say

But the Lord wasn't willing
He said no to my dream
took me years to understand
but He still loves me

He's out to bring us home
He's out to save our souls
and if the dream gets in His way
the dream will suffer here below

i still struggle with this stuff
because it's true don't make it easy
these songs in my soul
are wildflowers not weeds
 
too few have the courage
to put them in a vase
and share them with their friends
they're so wild and out of place
 
still the Lord ain't willing
He says No to my dream
makes it hard to understand
how much He still loves me

how much He still loves me!

wkm
for Vincent Van Gogh,  Billy Moore,  St. Jude, hey Jude, Mother Teresa, Leonard Cohen, the Cohen brothers, Ireland, my Spanish 1 professor,  and my missing cat Levi



--
In Jesus,
keith

To have Keith come to your area, contact him for details at moorkeith@gmail.com

No comments: