Monday, November 2, 2009

Tear in the Desert

       Lord willing, if all goes well, over the next year a film will begin production called Tear in the Desert. After my appearance on "The Journey Home" i received hundreds of emails from around the world. In fact, even after 3 months i still feel the ripples in the pond. But one email was from a man named Christian Peshkin. Christian is film producer. He had purchased the rights to a book written by Navy Chaplin Fr. Ron Moses Camarda called Tear in the Desert.  Fr. Ron Moses Camarda had spent 9 months in Fallujah in 2004. This was the most brutal 9 months of the war. Fr. Camarda had also seen my hour on "The Journey Home". He sent me the book and the inspiration began. They had been to my site, listened to my music, and felt confident i was meant to do the music for the film! WOW! i am humbled and excited. i have written 10 songs for the project. The plan at the moment is for the next W. Keith Moore album/CD to be called "Tear in the Desert". It will be released before the film is finished. Hopefully, the CD will be out by April or May. One is never sure how the Lord in His mercy guides these ships. The soundtrack for the film will include these songs from the album, plus instrumental pieces not on the pre-released CD.
 
            This is going to be a journey. As most of you know from looking in the "Fridge" on my site, i record all of my songs alone on my "Garage Band" software in my studio ( in the garage). I usually make everything available as I finish them. i am not sure which of the other tunes for the film will appear in the fridge, but i will let you know. i hope to find a studio and the funds to go in and record with a band soon.
 
         i am using this song, "Prizes for Peace", inspired by my time in Fr. Camarda's book,  also inspired by the most recent event of President Obama winning the Nobel Prize for Peace, to make this announcement because of the timeliness of it.
 
Please go to Amazon and check out Fr. Camarda's book, "Tear in the Desert"
 
peace, and please keep me, and this project in your prayers, and don't forget to tell all your friends to go to my "STORE" and buy a Beloved and Soul CD for themselves and one for our Soldiers and Marines in Afghanistan. http://www.wkeithmoore.com/store.htm
 
 
ps.. this lyric video was kindly put together by Carol at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Scottsdale, Arizona

No comments: