Thursday, January 7, 2010

snow

snow in Mississippi
cold in Mississippi
dang cold!
we don't see much snow down here
it's beautiful
the limbs of trees are blanketed in white
the naked branches of winter
we live on a hill
surrounded by oaks and maples
as i write this
 wisps of snow are dancing through the top of an old oak
the pristine white of new fallen snow
of course it reminds us of our sins,
as Isaiah's dictates for God,
"Come now let us reason together,
though your sins are like scarlet
I will make them as white as snow?
once again,
God uses nature to remind us of His crazy love..


wkm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always appreciate the stuff you write. It rings true and clear,Like
a clean chord in a quiet room.so a few moments ago I was preparing a canvas for some tulips I'm gonna paint, and as I'm laying the paint on with a large foam brush I'm I was just holding in my hand it goes flying and I go oh no! but guess where it lands right on the photo I had printed out from the passion to paint of Christ carrying the cross and this keeps the paint from getting on my sisters carpet, now thats what I call being saved!
Allan Garry

Unknown said...

thanks Garry, be careful with that paint bro..
peace,
k