Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day




i began work on my new album Saturday
Scott Partridge is producing it,
he lives in a REAL log house in Hermitage TN
the vibe at his studio is peaceful,
Scott is a laid back dude,
and when he started playing Steel Guitar,
messing around with one of my new tunes,
i could not stop smiling..
there is a beautiful plaintive voice to a Steel,
it brings a beauty and color to my songs unlike any other sound,
he and i are dedicating this album to our dads..
it was appropriate we began recording when we did,
Father's Day weekend..
i know this will end up being the album my dad would have liked best,
this may be a double disc album,
i have written 30 songs for it..
27 songs are possible..
i have never done anything like this,
but after one day with Scott,
and 5 songs already recorded with me singing and playing,
it may just happen.
my son was there with us,
a true full circle kind of thing...
All of this is grace..

wkm
Nashville

No comments: