Thursday, July 1, 2010

great trust



the blue Roan ran toward me
curious as to my being there,
stopping a few feet before he got to me
i turned my head,
so as not to look him in the eye..
horses don't like that..
i turned my back and walked a few steps away,
he put his head down,
blowed through his soft black nose into the summer grass,
still a bit concerned with my presence,
he  took a step toward me,
my back still turned,
he pushed me a little with his nose,
then he rested his head near my shoulder
i slowly reached with my left hand and rubbed his right flank,
he relaxed and began chewing,
a sign of relaxation,
i rubbed him on his head, back, sides,
then i gently rubbed him on the top of his head between his ears,
the poll,
he lowered his head,
submitting with great trust
after a few minutes i walked back to the truck,
he followed
..


wkm
Nashville

No comments: