Thursday, July 8, 2010

Howl with me! (correction)



"feel like a ghost in love,

underneath the heavens above."--Bob Dylan

there is a measure of reality stalking us
a few paces back
and sometimes when it overtakes us,
a man or woman,
we feel the brooding weight of the gray matter between our ears...
and if our reality gets too far ahead,
we take a moment to breathe,
slow our stride,
stare at the moon,
maybe even howl a bit..
some make things with their hands,
others make things with their imagination,
some write songs,books, prose, etc..
some take a blank canvas and make poetry..
i wish i could paint,
once i tried for an entire summer,
i bought oils, brushes, numerous canvas,
i locked myself away,
the "things" i drew looked odd,
in a bad way..
my wife and son felt sorry for me..
i did not come close to cutting off part of my ear,
maybe that was the problem!
or,
maybe i can't paint.
And i realised something,
not having a gift is even a gift..
howl with me!

wkm
Nashville

No comments: