Thursday, July 22, 2010

questions



the amazing thing is the desire

man needs to find out things
i saw on the history channel
two men wanted to find the bottom of the ocean,
they traveled 7 miles down,
the closest any human had ever been to the center of the earth,
why do we need this?
want this?
we are made in the image of God,
this must have something to do with our curiosity,
with our need for knowing things,
i wonder what would happen,
if a man decided to plumb the depths of his soul,
to take the wounded Rabbi by the hand and say,
"You know me better than i know myself,
show me the mystery you have made."
what an adventure this would be,
to learn to love as we our loved,
I imagine this is what Dante' had in mind,
"In the middle of the road of my life
I awoke in the dark wood
where the true way was wholly lost",
the "Divine Comedy",
not so much about the after life,
as it is about the time in life when we ask the better questions,
questions best answered by other questions,
while holding the wounded hand of love.

wkm
Nashville


No comments: