Tuesday, September 14, 2010

as to this death



i climbed the hill and found a diamond
hidden a thousand years or more
down below the river sang
the willows wept along its shore

Nouwen, Blake, and Dante' waved
from beyond the other side
the river's song a haunting sound
such beauty will not be denied

mysteries can't be explained
as i walked the river's edge
a holy woman took my hand
her face hidden by a veil

a veil as blue as a Robin's egg
gently shimmered in the breeze
the river's tune now in my head
these are the words it sang to me

come on in all who are weary
come on in y'all beaten down
come to me and bathe your bitters
come to me and in me drown

give away the things that own you
come and cool your tangled fear
wash your souls in this dark water
come on child, come on in

i waded in and she went with me
the water sweet and cool and kind
joyful tears flowed down the river
as to this death i gladly died

wkm
Nashville










No comments: