Thursday, October 14, 2010

How Long?



the Ravens were crying out this morning
did anyone hear their song?
did anyone look up to the sky?
i keep wondering how long..

How long till she comes home
How long till she holds my hands
How long till our nation heals
How long till Jesus lands

His daughter is my true love
from that day in Mississippi
when I first saw her marching
twirling a rifle so fine, she is so fine

From that fine day till now my friend
she has been my passion true
every time i see her i feel a little weak
tell me, what's a poor boy to do?

How long till she comes to me
How long till she holds my hands
How long till our nation loves
How long till Jesus lands

in this crazy world of terror, sin, and war
in this day of dishonest gain and wicked love
I will listen to the Ravens when they sing their song
and I will smile when i see her coming home..

wkm
Nashville




No comments: