Saturday, October 30, 2010

Music

Last night we went to a restaurant/bar in the town,
the atmosphere was not like an American r/b,
there was a warmth in the air,
people were kind, friendly, and jovial..
the Italians are full of expression,
when they are smiling they really smile..
they asked me to play some songs,
the next thing i knew it is 1 hour later,
a box drummer named Luigi joined me,
as well as the bartender named Denardo who plays harmonica,
they were both very very good and simply put,
we jammed!
i sang a few U2 songs and the entire bar sang along,
I did "Country Roads" and people came in from the street to sing along!
The whole world knows Johnny Cash and Elvis songs,
i made up some songs about Italy and they cheered,
at the end they asked me to come back soon,
i told there is nothing more that I would like to do..
Everything is grace.
 
wkm
Taggia, Italy

No comments: