Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Horse Manure



This life holds a lot of surprises for us humans.
Some better than others.
Anne is sleeping,
she seems to be handling this pretty good,
way better than me..
Russ is curled up next to her,
I swear that dog knows something is up.
He won't leave her side.
She really is the strongest person I know.
Her strength comes from her trust,
from her kind heart.
Her tender heart always amazes me, teaches me, inspires me..
She slays me, always has...
I wish my old man was alive.
I'd love to talk to him right now..
I'm not sure why,
I just would.
The horses like this weather.
It hasn't been this warm in a while.
It's close to 50 at 4:00 in the morning.
I can't sleep.
Erik asked me if I wanted some sleeping pills,
I guess I should have taken them,
but I don't like taking pills.
Guess I'll clean the stalls..
turn the horses out for a while..
it does a mind good to shovel horse manure..

Jesse
Oxford

wkm
The Horses
Nashville

No comments: