Wednesday, November 9, 2011

48



As I began my 48th year on this green brown and blue planet hurtling through space this morning at 4:00,
I went for a walk.
It was misting rain and the wind was blowing yellow, gold, orange and rust colored leaves around me..
As if the wind was working with the leaves to create a sense of awe for anyone who noticed.
I am thankful for another day.
For my wonderful wife and son.
Our dogs and cats..
good friends...
speaking of dogs,
As I turned onto a side street I was greeted happily by a three legged dog.
His master called for her but she did not stop hop/running to me, wagging her tale and smiling.
I bent down and rubbed her ears..
She was possibly one of the happiest dogs I have ever met.
She started playing with me and barking merrily.
Her master walked up and shook my hand, apologizing for her exuberance.
I quickly made it clear that I am a dog lover at which he said he could clearly see.
I asked him if she ever seemed bothered by losing her front left leg.
He said, "Heck no."

wkm
Nashville


No comments: