Monday, November 21, 2011

Where is Rilke?



I am going to put the dogs in the car,

drive just across County Road 202,
enter the field of Bermuda interspersed with brown winter weeds,
park near the tree line.
I will go to the house trailer on the property and ask permission,
hoping they will allow my dogs and me to walk on their property.
I am tired of parks with leash laws, controlled environments, perfectly dressed upper middle class humans,
angry looks from hyper sensitive shallow soul ignoring boobs because i refuse to leash...
i refuse to leash...
If the people in the trailer allow us,
I will get them out of the car and walk through a narrow opening in a wall of Kudzu.
I do not know what is on the other side of this slight opening,
But it seems to be filled with light..
In my imagination I have already seen it,
it will be as the door in Lewis' wardrobe..

opening to a field of tall brown weeds and low moving clouds..
Jack will see and chase many squirrels!
Pig will run with abandon, stretching, reaching, bounding with exuberance!
I will find silence one only finds while lost in an unknown field with his dogs.

wkm
Nashville


No comments: