Thursday, August 21, 2008

acrobatic spiritual life

Trust is sometimes the hardest thing. We may feel abandoned, but yet, we know that Jesus said He would never abandon us. How quickly we forget our zeal we had for Him and the affection we felt for Him only a short time ago. Somehow we begin thinking we are "ok" and can live in our own strength. We end up betraying our conviction that we need Him alone and can do nothing apart from Him! Romans 7 must have something to do with this acrobatic spiritual life. Paul must have felt some of this when he said, "The very thing I hate I do, the thing I want to do I don't do, who will free me from this...?"  Our Father frees us again and again through Jesus. We must never forget that this is a journey, and we shall not arrive until we see His face.
 
wkm

No comments: