Friday, August 8, 2008

SILENCE

This past Monday through Wednesday I was visiting the EWTN studios in Birmingham. The grounds are actually a Monastery with a television production company in the middle of it. There are Friars in Franciscan robes walking the grounds with sincere smiles and warm greetings. Pilgrims from all over the world come there to pray and support the call to bring Jesus to the world. All of this started by a Nun who knew nothing about television. She had never watched tv and from what I understand, still doesn't. I was there to record a show sharing my music and the story of God's grace in my little life. Glory to Him! Right in the middle of everything going on is a beautiful humble chapel. Everyday they have two Mass services and it is open for prayer and adoration otherwise. I have never witnessed such reverence! When people would come into the chapel, they would kneel and bow to the Tabernacle with such love and respect. The wonderful aspect of this is how it allows one to focus on The Beloved. Jesus is the center! Jesus is the Lord of all! His presence is so evident! The silence gives Him the loudest praise I have ever heard! I did not want to leave. As I would come an go to this chapel over the next three days, I noticed the simple yet wonderful stone tablet on the wall at the entrance, SILENCE.
 
wkm

No comments: