Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Humility

I am at His disposal, He can do with me just as it pleaseth Him, without even a thought of consulting me. I just want to be His own little one---if He so wants, otherwise I will to be just nothing & He everything. Pray for me.----Mother Teresa, from "Come Be My Light"
 
How I wish I were like this!! How I wish my ego was so swallowed up in Him that I could pray this prayer and mean it as Mother Teresa did! This is why God places these Saints among us, and calls all of us to be like them as they are like Jesus. Isn't this exactly what St. Paul said, "Follow me as I follow Christ!" We fail one another often and we hurt one another daily. We get mad when someone tells us something we don't want to hear, whether it is true or not, we are offended, 'how dare they?!!' We must fight this impulse! We must be stronger by being weaker. We must allow Jesus to give us His humility, so that we can always be about the other's soul, and not our own prideful opinion. This isn't easy of course, but neither was it easy when those nails were pounded into God's human hands.
 
wkm
 
http://www.saintsgallery.com/products.html

No comments: