Monday, August 3, 2009

old Bob

"down here lies nothing, nothing we can call our own."--Bob Dylan
 
when i rode today on the trail i found close to our new home,
i felt the mysterious absence Jesus sometimes gives us
there was a strange comfort in this, this knowing that i knew He had withdrawn
 this must sound odd
but knowing He has taken the feeling of His nearness away,
somehow stirred my faith that He knows i need this in this moment
i don't panic as much as i used to when this happens
i still don't like it, but what can we do except hold on, cry out, and trust?
the sky was beautiful, the humidity high, the downhill wind a gift,
the kudzu covers the entire forest in some places on the path,
you can't even see the trees, but i know they are there....selah
life is a mess, a beautiful mess
old Bob has it right in his new song,
"down here lies nothing, nothing we can call our own"
and somehow, this is incredibly liberating!
 
wkm
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw your interview with Marcus on EWTN, you have inspired me! I am reading your site and have bought your new album "Beloved". I am lost for words, I find most Christian music does not do justice, but alas you have the Eucharist, "Where Jesus gives himself completely and intimatley"
Thank you and the fact you ride a bike is added blessing. I have been doing a fund raiser for seven years thru the Jasper to Banff highway 233 Kms 130 miles in one day. I will have your songs on my Ipod.
Bless you