Saturday, January 15, 2011

Wildness (Correction)

i walked out among the horses
you can feel their charisma
you can feel their wildness
no matter how "broke" or trained a horse is,
he or she carries the essence of wildness..
you can smell it.
there is a primal instinct to flee anything unknown,
curiosity gets the best of them and they come to me..
Cisco runs and stops within a few feet..
Texas stays a few feet behind him,
his ears back...breathing hard...
the other horses come even closer,
a beautiful Paint puts his head on my shoulder..
he has no fear of me,
knowing I do not intend on riding him,
while Cisco and Texas suspect they are needed..
they are reluctant to come too close at first,
they know..
soon they will be carrying Wes and me across the open fields..

wkm
Oxford
thanks Bruce

No comments: