Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Biker Chick

not too long ago
i was playing a show
at a club on Beale street in Memphis
i had just written the song
"In Your Coat" that is on my Beloved cd
it was the first time i had played it for anyone
the club is basically a biker bar
of which i love to play in whenever i can
if you don't know,
the song talks about keeping a rosary in your coat,
with the hope it will help remind us of what is important in the journey etc..
there was a middle aged woman at the show dressed in black leather,
a true biker chick
she had a beer in one hand, a cigarette in the other as she approached me after the show
her red hair and red lipstick glowed in the shadowy room
she waited a couple of minutes to tell me something
her eyes were moist as she reached out her beer hand to shake mine
"I grew up catholic and haven't really thought about my faith in 20 years.
Your song, which i can't believe you sang here tonight, reminded me of how much i loved praying the rosary as a child.
My mother and i would pray it together.
I am going home and see if i can find my mother's old rosary.
Thanks for singing that song."
I gave her a hug and thanked Jesus this gig had opened up.
This is why I look for and long for more bars and clubs who will let me play a few tunes.
please pray for me in this.

wkm




No comments: