Thursday, August 19, 2010

Étouffée



Cara grabbed the receiver and pressed 0..
there was no answer..
she hung up the phone..
the knocking became more urgent..
she walked slowly to the door..
she stood on her tip toes to look through the peep hole,
to her amazement,
it was her father..
she opened the door and fell into his arms..
"How did you find me?"
He brushed back her tears,
"I followed you and Joe from the Cathedral.",
"Did Joe know?"
"No, it would have been to risky for both of you if I had told him.
It was better to do it this way."
He ordered room service and sat down on the leather couch,
Cara sat down next to him..
"What did Joe tell you?"
She told him what Joe had said and he seemed pleased..
"When your mother and I split up two years ago,
I moved here to do some undercover work for the government.
I had no idea it would become this serious.
Thankfully, i don't think they know about you and your mom..
They don't know my real name."
She listened intently, amazed at what she was hearing..
"what's going to happen daddy?"
There was a knock at the door..room service..
They ate Seafood Gumbo and Crawfish Étouffée..
Cara hadn't realized how hungry she was..
"Did you call a few minutes ago and hang up?"
He stopped eating, "What?"
"Did you call earlier, did you call the room?"
"No"

wkm
Nashville



No comments: