Wednesday, June 15, 2011

we are stories

these days keep coming and going
the sun comes up then goes down
we traffic in relations, goods, dreams, God, songs and lyrics
we tell stories
we are stories
my mechanic in Oxford should be a writer,
he never tells me anything without it becoming a story..
these days keep coming and going,
and story is what we have at the end of it all..
songs, poems, paintings, Paraclete, lovers, children, houses, barns, horses, dogs, cats...
I feel a new wind blowing..
new fires old stories..
Tradition finding its way home..
laughing with Angels..
a hard rain is going to keep on falling over me..
When we walk..
the red clay dirt of Mississippi in my book bag..
carry a little with me wherever I go..
none of us know much other than our own individual soil,
and even it is rich with mystery.

wkm
Nashville

No comments: