Monday, March 9, 2009

Bathed in Humility

I am a burden to myself. My joy when I should be weeping struggles with my
sorrows when I should be rejoicing. I know not where victory lies. Woe is
me! Lord, have mercy on me!---St. Augustine

My man Augustine, as candid as they come. He confessed his life, joys and
blues alike, in order to bring hope to his flock. We should follow his lead.
We must stop playing our spiritual games with God and one another. The more
we speak to our Lord and our brother with honesty and transparency, the more
we will learn to put falsities behind us. When we do this, by grace, and in
love, we will grow leaps and bounds closer to the Heart of our Beloved. We
will start seeing ourselves for who we are. Love, bathed in humility, will
be our highest goal, and liberty will be our reward. Jesus said it clearly,
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set your free."

wkm
 
http://truthspirit.wordpress.com/2008/12/05/a-prayer-by-st-augustine-of-hippo/

No comments: