Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mary's House

Do whatever He tells you.--Mary
 
Today was a day I will never forget. We drove up the hill from Ephesus to Mary's house on top of the mountain. It is a holy place. St. John came here to bring the gospel, and he brought Mary too. Jesus told him from the cross to take care of Mary, and he told Mary to take care of John, the beloved disciple. John represents all of us. I felt an incredible peace when I walked into her home today. Something so deep and full of love moved my soul. To stand in the place where the Mother of Jesus, the Mother of God, spent her last years on earth, how incredible! I am just a guy from Mississippi who has only know her for a few years, why me? I don't know, but when I see Jesus, I will especially thank Him for allowing me this grace. I brought a new sorrow to this place today too, and Mary took it from me. We prayed the Mass just outside the house where Pope John Paul 2, and Pope Benedict have also celebrated Mass. I sang a song during the Communion that I had written for Mary called "Thine Eyes of Mercy". I pray that all of us on this journey carry this moment with us always. I thought of Mary's words to the servants at the wedding of Cana when I sat down to write this tonight. These are the last recorded words of our Mother in scripture. How appropriate, how mysterious, how timeless. She is still telling all who will listen, "Do whatever He tells you." If we do, we just might see a miracle.
 
wkm
 
MARY'S HOUSE VIEW 2

No comments: