Monday, March 30, 2009

The Hound of Heaven

The trouble with normal is it always gets worse.---Bruce Cockburn, from his song, "The Trouble With Normal"

The lie of the devil is always for one purpose, to take us further from union with God in Christ. He will try anything to make our daily toil seem pointless. But the daily hum of life can be a beautiful sound if it is offered up to our Beloved.. But, if the daily hum is only about the ego-drama, my story, it becomes a cacophony of me me me me, then life in its normalcy will get worse. This is the noisy gong and clanging cymbal St. Paul spoke about to the Corinthians in his first letter, chapter 13. When our lives are about the Theo-Drama, about God's story, then we learn to love when we don't feel like loving, we learn to give ourselves and our goods away, we learn to die to self, and we learn to live in a liberty and peace that baffles the world, and even our own minds. This does not happen overnight, at least it hasn't for me. I have a long way to go! But because of His grace and mercy, I want to keep going. When those days come that I have no desire to keep going, He will hound me until I cry for His nearness again. On His faithfulness I depend. Glory to His lovely Name!

wkm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this meditation. Is just what I needed to focus again in Christ.