Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Send me a Rose

Be not afraid to tell Jesus that you love Him; even though it be without feeling, this is the way to oblige Him to help you, and carry you like a little child too feeble to walk.--St. Therese of Lisieux

O the wonder of His crazy mad love for us! Over and over again we sin and kick against His mercy, and over and over again He forgives. His discipline is painful, but it is how we know we are His children. Jesus learned obedience through what He suffered, do we think we are better than Jesus? I want to learn to say "I love You Jesus.", even when He is confusing me and seems cruel with His relentless silence. I want to scream it when the loneliness and fear of this life are the only companions I seem to have. To love someone without feelings of love is love indeed. To love Jesus for Who He is, and not for what He does for me is my hope. St. Therese, please send me a rose.

wkm


No comments: