Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pilgrimage

In Him we live and move and have our being. ---St. Paul

I am about as tired as I can remember being, but I can't go to sleep. My body thinks it's 8:00 in the morning, but it is 1:00 here in Minneapolis. The pilgrimage ended today, or should I say, this particular one did. We are always on pilgrimage in one way or another. Our true destination is our Father's House. Jesus said He was going there to prepare a place for us. I can't even imagine what this might be, and this causes me more than ever to want to let Him do His work in me. I fail Him daily, but He never fails me. I forget Him often, but He always has me on His mind. St. Paul knew this and thus he wrote, "In Him we live, move, and have our being." This is exciting, even when we are so weary from this life and its mysterious struggles, we hope in Him to be our life, our action, and our very essence. I offer this weariness of body and soul up for you, so that it will not be wasted. Let us always remember that we are always on pilgrimage. Glory to God!

wkm
St. Paul-Minneapolis, Minnesota

http://www.ship-of-fools.com/mystery/2007/1422.html

1 comment:

Jean said...

Welcome home! I am printing this out for Zach, he is fascinated by the "journey".