Sunday, April 19, 2009

Divine Mercy, Jesus I trust in You

Today you shall be with me in paradise.---Jesus
 
I am glad for Divine mercy. It gives me more hope, and I am often in need of it. St. Faustina said, "Jesus, I trust in You." This short prayer will at times become a mantra for one desiring deeper union with Jesus, for this desire always brings with it great suffering. It will become a chant for one going through that damnable trial that seems endless. What does Jesus want from us,,?,, A broken and contrite heart, honesty, trust, humility, passion, our needs, our fears, our hopes, our dreams, our failures, our triumphs, our total devotion, our love,,, He wants it all. I don't know about you, but it is hard to give Him my all all of the time. In fact, it's hard to even give it some of the time. My weakness amazes me, even after all He has done for me and in me. (everything is grace) I know more and more that apart from Him I can do nothing. But knowing that His Divine Mercy is for everyone, makes me remember the thief on the cross when suffering various trials. While we are hanging on our crosses, maybe we too can learn to look to Him and ask His help, and then listen for Him say those words, "Today, you will be with Me in paradise."  He is risen! Christ have mercy on us!
 
wkm
 

No comments: