Monday, April 20, 2009

Friends

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one"---C.S. Lewis
 
I am a horrible friend, but, then again, I am a devoted friend. I say things I regret, but then again, I  say things that are encouraging. I am a walking paradox. Jesus said things that confused, but, He never spoke anything untrue. He always spoke real things. Things more real than Bob Dylan, Bono, the atheist Christopher Hitchens, my priest, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Oral Roberts, Charles Stanley, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, or Barak Obama. Jesus said things that still cause the whole world to shiver. He said, "Unless you eat my body and drink my blood, you have no life within you." He said, "Before Abraham, I Am." I can say things to my friends that are selfish and full of manipulation. I can also speak the truth, even if driven by my own insecurities. Jesus spoke the truth in love. He was always about setting His friends free. He also said "no greater love has one for another than to lay down one's life". He spoke every word in love. It may seem hard when we read His words that tell us to carry our own cross, but once again He led the way in this crazy love. He knew all along, no matter what He said, that the way to love us best was the cross. But, He also knew that His resurrection would give us purpose, joy, and hope. Always for us, His friends.
 
  He is Risen!
 
wkm
http://defendingyourfaith.blogspot.com/2008/10/quotes-from-cs-lewis.html
 

No comments: