Thursday, April 30, 2009

Our God kept His scars.

You are a mystery as deep as the sea; the more I search, the more I find, and the more I find the more I search for You. But I can never be satisfied; what I receive will ever leave me desiring more.---St. Catherine of Sienna
 
This is the great truth of our journey through, with, and in our Beloved God; no matter how deep we go, our hunger and thirst for Him will never be filled. Every new morning is another beginning for us to dig deeper into the treasure that is our faith. We must never be satisfied with how we are loving Jesus. How could we ever think we have loved Him enough or well? When I sat in the sanctuary the other day and looked at the Crucifix hanging above the alter, I focused on the scars in His hands, side, and feet. The scripture reading that day was when Jesus appeared to the disciples by the sea and showed them His scars. It amazes me that our God kept His scars on His risen body. His love for us is truly a mad and crazy love! St. John said we love because He first loved us. I pray that we will love Him a little madder and a little crazier today than we did yesterday. St.Catherine of Sienna, pray for us.
 
wkm
 
http://www.catholicprayercards.org/catalog/item/6176322/6090960.htm

No comments: