Saturday, May 2, 2009

Delight

Don't forget about delight.--Bruce Cockburn, from his song, "Delight"
 
Very often, if not careful, we can take ourselves way too seriously. I am guilty of this. Now, I am not saying we should not take holiness, service, joy, humility, hope, prayer, bearing our crosses, evangelizing the world for Jesus, etc.. very serious. By all means, these things are our life! But we must not forget to laugh at ourselves along the way, knowing deep within that God must have a sense of humor. We also know that He knows us better than we know ourselves, and yet, His love endures. He calls us sheep, google "sheep" , read about them, and ask yourself why God would call us sheep. To think that God loves me, calls me, guides me, forgives me, wants to be near me, how incredible! I recall what G.K. Chesterton said, "The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." We must not forget about delight as we make our way through this valley of tears. In the midst of our struggles, we need to look for those moments of beauty and comedy, seeing the wisdom of laughing, it goes a long way in hanging on.
 
wkm
 
http://gohealthygofit.com/a-few-reasons-why-laughter-is-the-best-medicine/

No comments: