Tuesday, July 7, 2009

the basin

there is nothing too wonderful about losing your cool
i lost mine yesterday and it was because of my pride
it was because i was reprimanded for something at my new job i honestly had no idea i was doing wrong
in fact, i was in the right to be angered by how i was treated
my anger was justified, but to who?
 i bit my tongue and went back to work
it was another humiliating moment among many over the past few years
padre pio tells old me this is great for my soul
he reminds me of the cross and the strangeness of the narrow road
he says i should be happy that i am being humbled like this
i wouldn't say i was jumping up and down with glee!
but when i do stop and take a deep breath i sense the Potter at work
something is being honed and smoothed
maybe there is a basin in the soul for peace to pool like water
a peaceful eddy for my mind to drink from in the midst of these never ending storms
i don't know, i just hope this is happening
and that's about as much as i am willing to talk about it.
 
wkm

No comments: