Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dogs

horses read our emotions, dogs read our minds
dogs know before we tell them, you can't keep secrets from them
i found a new home for buddy and rascal yesterday
a man in the meat department at the grocery store has a farm and kids who want big dogs
i feel as if I am betraying my two dear friends...
my wife called me one day 5 summers ago and said a puppy was found behind a dumpster at the drug store
i was putting fence post in the ground at the farm, and it was a brutally hot day
i told her to bring the little mongrel home
he was so small, solid red, now he is so big, (part mastiff)
my son and i went to the animal rescue the next day and found rascal a friend
we named him buddy, so small, now he is big too, (part retriever)
they have never been apart and i thank God they will stay together
this is a mercy for me as much as them
buddy is a little sharper than raz and i know he knows something is coming
he has a little worry in his eyes, even while wagging his tail
rascal just wants to ride in the truck
i hope they forget me soon
 
wkm

No comments: