Sunday, July 12, 2009

storm

i fled the oncoming storm on my bike
you don't want to be caught in a summer storm in mississippi
especially on a bike
the lightning was gaining on me
i counted when I saw a strike
'one mississippi..two mississippi..
BOOM!
the wind was really blowing now
when i left the house there was no sign of it
'one mississippi..' BOOM!
i felt the wind change from a furnace to slightly cool on the back of my neck
i could see the gravel road i turn on to go home, about a half a mile to go
very large raindrops began hitting my helmet with a thud
'one.....' BOOM!
I had 300 yards to go and the darkness had overtaken me, so had a little bit of fear
lightning struck very close, i could smell sulfur in the air
by the time i reached the carport i was exhausted and fully alive!
we are always being pursued
 
wkm
 

No comments: