Saturday, July 4, 2009

On a Mountain Bike

this morning when i rode my bike i felt the rising heat of July
 the breeze in my face was warm
mississippi summers even keep the birds from flying as much
a Deer carcass along the trail is finally starting to lose its stench
i didn't have to hold my breath as I pedaled by like I have had to do over the past couple of weeks
death is always with us, even on a mountain bike
after the buzzards were finished they left the bones and hide
 the deer is now close to being one with earth again
dust to dust, soon wild flowers will grow where he or she met the silence
the last mile of the seven i ride is the hardest, a steep incline
 it is also the most rewarding with the vista of a mist laden valley
this morning it looked like smoke from a forest fire with this heat and humidity taking over
 it is good to be among the wild things
 
wkm

No comments: