Friday, February 13, 2009

Incredible Faith!

In the silence of the heart, God speaks.---Mother Teresa
If I was given one person to study for the rest of my life, it would be Mother Teresa. This is odd for me to say. Up until I read the book, "Come Be My Light", that person would have been Augustine, Francis, or St. John of the Cross. But Mother Teresa has beguiled me. Her letters to her confessors are not the usual spiritual banter. What she experienced, I believe, is the closest to what Mother Mary went through in her parenting of God. There is a spiritual darkness that brings so much light it is blinding. This makes no sense unless you read Mother Teresa's writings in the context of what Mother Mary must have gone through. Now, what does this mean to us? It means that there is a place within each of us that Jesus wants to take us. It is a place that no one can explain. The darkness of the soul is where a very holy faith teaches us to see. It is a depth that only failed poets can even begin to enunciate. REJOICE! Our little lives are given a treasure in Jesus to seek. Do not rest until you are attentive to such things. But do not attempt this without Mary's help. She brings us to the real Jesus, and He ain't kidding around.
wkm
http://www.baseballreliquary.org/MotherTeresa.htm

No comments: